Jorge Escobar Galindo, is a partner of the firm with extensive experience in the public and private sectors, advising clients in corporate and administrative law, energy and gas regulation, compliance and mergers & acquisitions. Before joining Palacios Lleras, Jorge was an associate of prestigious law firms in Colombia. He served as an advisor to the Superintendent of Companies during the years 2015 to 2017 and he was advisor of the Legal Vice-Presidency of one of the largest Multi-Latina companies in the energy sector.
In his professional practice, he has been recognized for the advice provided in several successful M&A transactions in Colombia and Latin America, his counseling in administrative, regulatory and corporate law matters, and his participation in the drafting of Act 1778 of 2016 or Anti-Bribery Act and the admission process of Colombia to OECD. He was highlighted in the renowned international publication «The Legal 500 Latin America», in the area of «Mergers & Acquisitions».
- Lawyer, Universidad de los Andes (Colombia, 1998).
- Postgraduate Degree in Commercial Law, Universidad de los Andes (Colombia, 2001).
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Management and Administrative Institutions, Universidad de los Andes (Colombia, 2014).
- Master of Laws (LLM) with Concentration in International Business Practice, Boston University (United States, 2010).
- Professor at the Economics School, Universidad del Rosario.